No-fail, she says.
No, really it is. No BS.
I’m not a baker and have messed up at least a dozen cheesecakes in my career. Under baked, over baked, over mixed, under mixed, not cooled properly, you name it.
But THIS recipe…
This cheesecake has had a 100% success rate out of the 10 or so times I’ve made it. It’s easy, quick to prep, and silky smooth. I’ve even gotten ‘creative’ with the flavors and had amazing results.
It’s also easy to convert to a gluten free version, just substitute the graham cracker crust with your favorite crushed gluten free cookie, almond flour, etc.
Enjoy! No good luck needed for this one.
- 2 cups Graham cracker crumbs (or gluten free crust alternative)
- 1/4 cup Butter
- 900g (32 oz) Cream cheese (cut into 3cm cubes)
- 300mL (1 tin) Sweetened condensed milk
- 4 Eggs (large or extra large)
- 1 Tbsp (15mL) Vanilla
- 1 cup Maple syrup
- Pre-heat oven to 325 degrees.
- Melt butter and mix with graham cracker crumbs.
- Spread and gently pack into the bottom of a 9″ springform pan. Set aside.
- Pulse cream cheese and condensed milk in a food processor until creamy and smooth, scraping as needed.
- Add eggs and vanilla and blend until smooth, scraping as needed.
- Add maple syrup and blend until creamy and smooth – no cream cheese chunks.
- Pour mixture into springform pan over graham cracker crust. I initially pour over a spoon or spatula to not disturb the crust.
- Place into pre-heated oven on middle rack.
- Set timer for 1 hour 10 minutes.
- Cakes are done when slightly swollen and solid to the touch in the center. Press gently with finger to test. May need additional 10-20 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let cool completely before placing in fridge.
- Garnish with maple syrup drizzle, chocolate, pecans in caramel sauce, cream cheese icing, etc.
- You can’t really overcook this cheesecake. If you’re worried its not done, leave it in longer. I got scared once and left it in for a whole two hours. It was delicious.
- Substitutions are awesome. I’ve switched the maple for honey, added berry swirls, pumpkin, pumpkin spice, etc. Just make sure that if you take out the maple syrup you add in another sweetener like honey, agave, etc.
- For a cleaner rim put strips of parchment on the inside rim of the springform pan.
- Use two smaller springform pans (adjust cooking times) and freeze one of them. Wrap tightly before freezing.